Monday 23 May 2011

Lady Luck - Jamie Woon


Alright, so this may not carry the same sort of vibe as the other stuff I post but this is definitely turning into my favourite song at the moment.  I hadn't really heard too much about Jamie Woon until he was shortlisted as one of the BBC Sounds of 2011.  His album "Mirrorwriting" gained some pretty impressive reviews so I thought it wouldn't harm me to check it out. It's hard to explain how the album sounds and a friend matched my initial sentiments when he heard it; you have to be in the right frame of mind really appreciate it.  It's a relaxed affair; a blend of synths and electronic strings juxtaposing with mellow basslines that carry a certain dubstep-like element.  It's a perfect album for unwinding to on (what will hopefully become) long summer evenings.  This guy is definitely talented and as with myself, is definitely going to win over new fans as he tours this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment